- commits to three research areas; two of which include complex systems and energy.
- organizes itself as a single school of engineering rather than departments; thus enabling research and teaching in engineering systems.
- maintains a strong commitment to teaching; ranking first nationally for five out of the last 6 years.
- maintains a healthy relationship with the social sciences within the larger liberal arts university; thus situating today’s engineering systems challenges within their social context
- emphasizes the role of entrepreneurial innovation in engineering; truly embracing the “empowering your network” ethos.
LIINES Website: http://amfarid.scripts.mit.edu