Welcome to the LIINES -- The Laboratory for Intelligent Integrated Networks of Engineering Systems!
Mission: The Laboratory for Intelligent Integrated Networks of Engineering Systems is devoted to enhancement of sustainability, and resilience in intelligent energy systems. We seek to develop an internationally recognized, locally relevant and industrially-facing program of research that engineers intelligent & integrated control, automation, and information technology systems that support the operations and planning of large scale integrated energy systems. These activities encourage and facilitate technology policy that supports the achievement of energy, water, transportation & industrial policy objectives while eliminating barriers to sustainable and resilient automated solutions.
Application Areas-Research Themes: Our laboratory is currently concerned with four classes of cyber-physical energy systems and their integration. The cross-pollination of these activities provides insights into the sustainability and resilience of intelligent engineering systems in general.
Disciplinary Expertise: Our laboratory maintains disciplinary expertise in the following fields:
- Modeling of Dynamic Systems: The techno-economic modeling of dynamic systems across multiple application and energy domains.
- Graph Theory: The study of the network sciences and its measures
- Model Based Systems Engineering -- Design Methodologies for Large Complex Systems: The application of systems engineering and design methodologies for the engineering of integrated control, automation and IT solutions for physical systems.
- Control Systems Engineering: The design of robust control strategies for time-driven, event-driven, and hybrid systems.
- Operations Management & Research: The operations and planning of large scale complex networks on the basis of mathematical programming/optimization.
- Technology Policy: The support of policy objectives in energy, water, transportation and industry through the lens of technology adoption, facilitation, and standards.